Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Letters of condolence

Ann keeps a further two letters of condolence.  One from her brother in law William and the following from M.A. Cocks.


Lafronda Villa

Oct 12th /77

My dear Mrs. Bevan

                   How dark your path and how sad your lot at this time.  I have wept with you in your troubles and prayed with you, but have refrained from sending you a line not knowing what sympathy I could offer.  Dear Little Willie gone from you, darling boy taken from his suffering and safely housed in his Fathers house above.

                   I share with you in thankfulness that dear Mr Bevan’s life is spared to you and trust your lives may be given to each other many, many years.  It is with great anxiety I hear of dear Lizzie’s state oh, I do trust that she, Jane and the other members of your family it may be God’s will to give back to you.  However you have managed and still manage to nurse them I cannot understand.  Do support yourself with all the nourishing food you can possibly make use of.  God’s ways are indeed mysterious but I often think of his condescension in promising us that what we know not here we shall know hereafter, yes some day these things that appear to us so inexplicable and almost cruel, will one day be so shown to us that we shall see it was all done out of love, and we shall wonder that we could ever have thought otherwise.

                   Dear Little Willie will be much missed by you.  The first gap in your family circle is it not?  I know from conversations we have had you think deeply of the immortality of your precious ones, and on that account would be thankful that God has not taken the one in regard to whom having attained years of responsibility, of their souls welfare there might be a shade of doubt.  Give my kindest love to Lizzie if she is strong enough to receive a message, and I hope if she has not already she will give her affections fully to Jesus.  His good spirit has often striven yes God the father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost are all loving and doing what they can to woo us.

                   My love to Mr Bevan, Miss Bevan and all the dear sufferers with much love to yourself.

                   I remain,
                             Yours affectionately,
                                      M.A. Cocks




Llandudno
Novr 5th 1877

Dear Brother & Sister

                   Now that I have commenced writing I scarcely know what to say, but I am anxious you should know we had not forgotten you we hear through George and Harriet often writes we are glad to hear so favourable news of you all.  I trust you will all continue to improve, and that we shall soon hear of you being able to be out as usual, but after all God knows what is best for us he cannot err what a blessing it is that our lives are in his hands.  We daily remember you at the Throne of Grace that He will sustain and comfort you in this your time of need.  I hope Ann will have strength bear up under her continual anxiety and toil and that she will soon be rewarded by seeing all the sick ones restored to their usual health.

                   We are all well and all join in much love and sympathy and wish you and shall at all times and as often as convenient like to hear from you.

                   I remain
                             Dear Brother & Sister
                                      Yours etc
                                                W Bevan






No comments:

Post a Comment